Sunday, August 26, 2012

Jean Smith floral

Here's the overall piece with is 14" square.  Shown below are the individual sections.  Can't wait to start on this.




 
However, before I can start on this, I must finish my declared piece for our ANG guild which is the armadillo.  Since last you saw her, I painted out the background brown, since I didn't want any white specks showing through the background stitch.  I have been busy stitching the background, as I only bought 5 skeins of the Watercolors and I want to be sure that is enough, before I can't get the same dye lot.  Yesterday was our monthly Saturday stitch-in and I have almost finished the background now to the halfway point and I have 2 1/2 skeins left over and just a little over that.  So I think to be safe, I am returning to 3 Stitches Tuesday and buying 1 more skein of it.
 



Ebbie, of our guild, showed me yesterday at the stitch-in how to do a detached buttonhole stitch, and I have stitched around one of her ears and will do the other one today.  Ebbie just got back her Melissa Shirley small armadillo, which is just beautiful, and she used that stitch around the ears and it just makes the canvas come alive.  I wish I had gotten a picture of it.  Here is a close-up of the background, elongated cross stitch 4 x 1, with a straight stitch over the middle and the next stitch, drops down 2 threads.
 
Happy Stitching.



No comments:

Post a Comment