Saturday, January 22, 2011

Heritage Sampler by AuryTM

I was blog surfing one day in August 2009, when I came across AuryTM's blog when she first started posting this sampler, one section per month for 11 months.  I marked my calendar to be sure I did not forget to get each section.  She sells the pattern through Kelmscott Designs now, available from LNS.

http://www.kelmscottdesigns.com/aury-tm-designs.htm

I changed up the threads just slightly so that it would blend better in my home.  I am using DMC threads-Pink 3772, Green 469, Gold 833 & Blue 794.  Well, needless to say, it languished in my WIP pile, er one of my WIP piles, until this past week when I have spent some time with it. 


This picture is as of  Wednesday night, January 19th. 
 Band 1 completed.
 Band 2 laid out, but far from finished.  I ran out of the green floss before I could finish the last leaf, but have gone back now and filled that in.

Band 3 now has the green and blue finished, but no more of the pink done.    I've also made some good progress on Band 4.  I'll post an update picture after tomorrow's stitching.  BTW, I'm stitching it on 28 ct Jobelan Cameo Peach, but it is just a soft cream color.

I did spend some time doing some "finishing" of some 2010 finished projects, which I'll post pictures of tomorrow as well.  Just as a tease, one is a Birds of a Feather painted canvas, attached to the back of a jean jacket and another is a Fall Mill Hill Bead kit.

Until another day,

Sandy

3 comments:

  1. That is going to be a beautiful piece I hadn't heard of it before, but what I see of your progress - it's very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, I saw that you have been working on the Susannah King sampler. This is an OOP sampler that I am looking to purchase. Have you finish this lovely sampler and if so, would you be willing to sell the chart. Bethany

    ReplyDelete